Serbia has chosen! The winner of Beovizija 2018, national selection in Serbia for the Eurovision Song Contest is Sanja Ilić & Balkanika with powerful ethno-pop song “Nova deca” and will represent the country next May in Portugal.
The Serbian national final was held tonight in Sava Centar, Belgrade, which hosted the same show in previous years. The show was broadcasted live on RTS1, RTS Svet and via RTS official site.
Beovizija 2018 was opened by the choir dance ensemble “Una Saga Serbica” who performed “Molitva” the Eurovision winner song from 2007 in a special arrangement. The hosts of the show were: Kristina Radenković, Dragana Kosjerina, Branko Veselinović i Aleksandar Stojanović.
In the interval act, many former representatives of Serbia performed their eurovision songs: Jelena Tomaševic, Marko Kon, Moje 3, Milan Stanković, Sanja Vučić, Bojana Stamenov and Tijana Bogicević, as well as guests from the region – the group “Regina”, Sergej Cetković, Knez and Jacques Houdek.
- Sanja Ilić and Balkanika – “Nova deca” (24 points)
- Saška Janković – “Pesma za tebe” (20 points)
- Dušan Svilar – “Pod krošnjom bagrema” (15 points)
- Lord – “Samo nek se okrece” (12 points)
- Biber and DJ Niko Bravo – “Svatovi” (12 points)
- Ivan Kurtić – “Ni sunca ni meseca” (10 points)
- Boris Režak – “Vila” (9 points)
- Danijel Pavlović – “Ruža sudbine” (6 points)
- Rambo Amadeus and Beti Dordević – “Nema te” (4 points)
- Maja Nikolić – “Zemlja čuda” (3 points)
- Koktel Balkan – “Zato” (1 point)
Entries with no points:
- SevdahBABY – “Hajde da igramo sada”
- Srdjan & Emil – “Bar da znam”
- Lana and Aldo – “Jaca od svih”
- Igor Lazarević – “Beži od mene”
- Rejbass – “Umoran”
- Osmi Vazduh and Friends – “Probudi se”
The winner of Beovizija 2018 was decided by the combination of televote (50%) and jury vote (50%). “Nova deca” won both jury vote and public vote reaching 14.698 votes in televoting. The jury panel consisted of: Dejan Petrović, Vojkan Borisavljević, Ivana Peters, Dušan Alagić i Željko Vasić.
The winner song “Nova deca” (New children) is composed by Sanja Ilić, Tatjana Karajanov Ilić and Danica Krstajić.
All profit from the televote will be overwritten for the implementation of the integrated, comprehensive RTS National Cancer Program, which is launched by the Serbian Public Media Service and the Ministry of Health.